Olympus Academy Trust
The Olympus Academy Trust is a multi-academy trust which was established at the start of 2012 to support local schools wanting to develop shared approaches to school improvement.
The Olympus Academy Trust is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The Trust aims to look after business and non-education functions so that schools can focus on learner outcomes and the well-being of their school community.
The Trust has a Board of Trustees which oversees and monitors the work of the Trust’s schools via its Trust Central Leadership Team, Board Sub committees and the School Improvement Committees.
Our overarching aim and vision is for our member schools to deliver an outstanding education for children and young people. We will ensure that all our pupils and students have access to the highest standards of teaching, resources and opportunities. Our role is to oversee the leadership and vision of our member schools and to develop partnerships between them. We will encourage members of staff from our schools to meet together and share best practice, while our learners will benefit from access to joint opportunities such as shared learning, trips and events, and working with a wider range of peers and teachers.
We are committed to ensuring that, by working in partnership, we offer an exceptional learning experience for all our pupils and students, preparing them for a successful future in the 21st century.
Click here to learn more www.olympustrust.co.uk.
Being part of a Multi-Academy Trust
As a Multi Academy Trust, several schools have greater buying power and increased opportunities for:
- Saving money which can then be spent on improving the education for all of the children.
- Schools can share resources and services more effectively to provide consistent and continuous support for our young people in keeping with our ethos and mission.
- Greater opportunities for staff development as staff will be able to work collaboratively across the schools
- Changes in government policy mean that smaller schools such as ours can be left in a very vulnerable position. By coming together as part of a Multi Academy Trust we are ensuring that we can continue to work in the way which we know works best for our children.
- Each of our schools are proud of our particular strengths and traditions. The Olympus Academy Trust encourages us to preserve and develop these.
Benefit to Pupils
- Shared teaching specialisms, resources, accommodation
- Proximity of schools for students to be able to collaborate
- Access to specialist facilities and specialist subject teachers cross-phase
- Build on links that exist with siblings in different schools within the Trust
- Shared ethos, vision and values
- Commitment to an all-through learning journey, strengthening transition between phases
- Lack of ‘top down’ thinking – acknowledgement that the learning goes both ways
- Economies of scale