The Role of Governors
Governors are appointed to the School Improvement Committee. The main aim of the committee is to ensure that all learners at the school have access to a high-quality education in line with the shared mission and vision of the Olympus Academy Trust.
The School Improvement Committee has the following responsibilities:
1. To monitor the implementation of the academy SIIP, ensuring that it is delivering against agreed strategic and local objectives; moving the academy and Trust as a whole towards achieving and sustaining a regulatory judgement of outstanding in all areas.
2. To ensure that the academic and well-being needs of learners are being met effectively through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum which, through the use of personalised, developmental support which helps to maximise each learner’s success and enjoyment.
3. To ensure all learners are safeguarded.
4. To ensure that the well-being needs of staff are met.
5. To ensure that strategies are in place that enable the Trust to secure its full collective published admission number (PAN).